The grand opening event will be the completion of the writing of a new Torah for the local Jewish community of Alma Ata.
The event will commence in the room adjacent to the Ohel of the Rebbe's father , Rabbi Levi Yitzchak Schneerson, with the final letters completed at the Chabad House campus in Beis Hakneses Levi Yitzchak.
The celebration of the new Torah will be accompanied with song and dance. The Torah will be housed at Beis Hakneses Levi Yitzchak which is in close proximity to the Ohel.
A festive celebration will follow for the large crowd of Shluchim and guests, continuing with a Chasidic Farbrengen honoring Chof Av.
The Ohel will be open 24 hours around-the-clock as every year.
The following is a user-friendly list , information for travel arrangements and Visa applications.
Please note that citizens from many countries do not require a Visa for Kazakhstan. Please see attached links for list :
Citizens of countries which do require a Visa for Kazakhstan , need to fill out Visa applications, including:
1) Visa application form:
2) A formal letter of request to the Kazakhstan embassy - consulate indicating purpose of visit. *
3) Provide proof of reservations at a local hotel for the duration of the stay.
4) Copy of round-trip air ticket.
5) Photo of applicant.
6) Enclose exact amount of $21.00 for each traveler.
7) Travelers under the age of 16 should include proof of parental permission.
* Address of Kazakhstan embassy in Tel Aviv: 52 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv.